From our “house,” to yours! Happy Holidays from JCSM.
Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art, Auburn University is offering special holiday hours this season. Whether you need a creative gift idea from the Museum Shop or have in-town guests to entertain, a museum visit is a wonderful way to spend some downtime together. Rembrandt, Rubens, and Gainsborough, and the Golden Age of Painting in Europe is on view through Jan. 4, 2015, so don’t miss this spectacular exhibition!
Galleries and Museum Shop
JCSM is open to the public:
- Fri., Nov. 28 and Sat. Nov. 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sun., Nov. 30 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Fri., Dec. 26 and Sat., Dec. 27 from 10 am to 4 p.m. and Sun., Dec. 28 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Fri., Jan. 2 and Sat., Jan. 3 from 10 am to 4 p.m. and Sun., Jan. 4 from 1 to 4 p.m.
JCSM is closed to the public:
- Nov. 26 through 27 for Thanksgiving
- Dec. 22 through Dec. 25 for Christmas
- Dec. 29 through Jan. 1 for New Year
The Museum Café is closed Nov. 25 through Nov. 28 and Dec. 23, 2014 through Jan. 2, 2015. Lunch service resumes Tuesday, Jan. 6. 2015.
JCSM staff members will follow Auburn University’s out of office schedule from Dec. 22, 2014 to Jan. 2, 2015. Normal staff operations will resume on Monday, Jan. 5, and the museum will re-open to the public on the regular schedule on Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015.
Pictured above, detail:
Robbie Barber (American, b. 1964), Dreams of Flying, 2011, welded steel, paint, faound objects, Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art; museum purchase with funds provided by Julian R. Haynes in loving memory of Dr. Lucile McGehee Haynes, 2014.10