Our ever-popular summer art club series continues this year every weekend, all summer long! Parents are asked to join in the fun for Artypants and stART! Please register to guarantee a space and materials. Some topics may change slightly. Please note that there are no sessions on Friday, July 3 or Saturday, July 4, due to the holiday.
A few things to keep in mind when registering:
- Please only register the number of youth who plan to attend. Do so by selecting quantity from the drop down menu.
- The program is structured so that each class is its own lesson; therefore, you do need to register for each individual date you plan to attend.
- Note the age groups for each session: ArtyPants is for rising K through 2nd graders, stART! is for rising 3rd through 6th graders, and State of Create is for rising 7th through 12th graders.
- Class sizes are limited, and often these sessions are at capacity. Note that others may be on the wait list should you need to cancel. We appreciate 24 hours notice so that we can release the reservation.
- For waitlisters or day of stand-by guests, please arrive at 10:15 am to see if there is availability. Seats may be released on a first-come, first-served basis.
Those smarty arty kids have plenty to do at JCSM on Saturday mornings! ArtyPants gives your child the opportunity to explore a wide range of materials, make new friends, and create their own art. Beginning May 30, come join our rising Kindergarten through 2nd grade students each Saturday (except for July 4) from 10 to 11:30 am.
UPDATE: All available spaces for ArtyPants are reserved at this time for the entire summer. In the event of “no shows,” a very small number of seats may be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Thank you for your interest in our summer programming.
For the growing learner, stART! gives your child the opportunity to expand their knowledge of materials. Rising 3rd through 6th grade students will begin considering more advanced applications of the elements of art such as color, line, and shape, as well as the principles of design including harmony and balance. Beginning Saturday, May 30, come join us each Saturday (except for July 4) from 12:30 to 2 pm.
State of Create is an exciting dropin art club for teenagers (rising 7th through 12th grade). With the support of experienced staff members, we’ll explore challenging materials, professional techniques, and new art forms. Come join us each Friday beginning June 5 (except for July 3) from 1 to 2:30 pm.